Southside Pool End of Season Hours
- Regular hours until Sunday, August 16th: Tues-Sun 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm (closed 2:00- 2:30 and 4:30-5:00 for sanitizing)
- August 17th- September 13th: Saturday and Sunday 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm (closed 4:30-5:00 for sanitizing)
- Labor Day- 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm (closed 4:30-5:00 for sanitizing)
- Lap Swimming: Continues through October 31st
*Hours may change based on staff’s availability
Southside Pool is Opening!
The Parks and Recreation Department is very excited to announce that the pool will be open this summer. Please read through the details below:
- The pool opened on June 6th and 7th.
- On Thursday, June 11thSouthside Pool will begin a Tuesday-Sunday schedule for the summer.
- In accordance with Phase 3 of Open Texas, the pool’s capacity is now at 50% and all interactive features are fully operational (slide, diving board, and splash pads).
- Pool hours will be from 12-7 pm for season pass holders to attend with no limitations.
- The pool will close from 2 – 2:30pm and 4:30 – 5pm for the pool to be sanitized. You may wait under the pavilion for the pool to reopen.
- Reservations are no longer necessary with the increased capacity of Southside Pool.
- End of Season Hours will be announced in August with the expectation of students returning to school and limited availability of lifeguards.
- Sunday concessions will resume.
- Social distancing will be required while you enjoy the pool. In order to accomplish this, the following measures apply:
- Any kids younger than 13 will be required to have parental/guardian supervision.
- There will be limited furniture available.
- There will not be any private parties at this time.
- There will be one lap lane available for use.
We appreciate your patience as we navigate through these unprecedented times and are so excited to open the Southside pool in a manner that promotes the health and safety of everyone.
Please be advised that by entering the pool area, you acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume any risks you may be exposed to while on site. You shall accept sole responsibility for social distancing and hygiene guidelines.
Lap swimming began on Monday, May 11. To enroll in this program, you must be a season pass holder and fill out this waiver and turn it in to the drop box at city hall. Please be aware that it can take up to 48 hours to process your request and have your access card(s) assigned to the off hour program. You will receive a confirmation email that your card is ready.
To participate, you must be of 18 years of age and swim with a "buddy". No one is permitted to swim alone after hours. Please remember to practice social distancing.
Upcoming Lap Swim Hours
|August 17 - September 13|
|Monday||4:30 AM - 3:30 PM||8:00 PM - 10:00 PM|
|Tuesday - Friday||4:30 AM - 12:00 PM||2:00 PM - 10:00 PM|
|Saturday and Sunday||4:30 AM - 1:00 PM||7:30 PM - 10:00 PM|
|September 14 - October 31|
|Daily||4:30 AM - 12:00 PM||2:00 PM - 10:00 PM|