City wide Recycling collection is Wednesday. Please place items by the curb by 8:00 AM.
- Sort the aluminum cans into a paper bag, this simple act of kindness helps the city employees.
- Please flatten the corrugated cardboard boxes, this helps the city employees work more efficiently. Wet paper is collected.
- Electronics may be recycled at Best Buys. Please visit Best Buy for more information.
- Batteries may be recycled at Battery Plus locations. Please visit Battery Plus Recycling for more information.
- How do I put my recycling at the Curb?
- You may collect it all in one or more containers, for instance, in cardboard boxes that you plan to recycle anyway. Paper grocery bags are fine, too, but please do not use plastic bags!
- Do I have to separate the different types of recycling?
- NO, you may co-mingle your recyclables in one or more containers! There's no need to separate plastics from paper from metal from glass.
- Are plastic lids on plastic containers recyclable?
- YES, caps and lids smaller than 2" in diameter are recyclable but you must put them back on empty containers before recycling them. Larger lids may be recycled separately from their containers.
- Are metal lids from glass jars recyclable?
- Yes, if separated from the jar, lids larger than 2" in diameter may be recycled. Put lids smaller than 2" in diameter in the trash, and never recycle jars with the lids attached.
- Are pizza boxes recyclable?
- Yes, if the box is clean and if any soiled part of the box is removed prior to recycling.
- Are waxed cardboard drink/food containers (ie. milk, juice, egg whites) recyclable?
- Yes, just make sure the containers are free of food before recycling
- What do I do with plastic bags that say they are recyclable?
- DO NOT recycle them with your other curbside recycling! Please go to plasticfilmrecycling.org to find out where you may recycle them. Many of the local grocery stores (HEB, Krogers, Randalls) offer bins at the entry way for recycling plastic bags.
- What happens if my recycling is contaminated with things that should not be recycled?
- The City's recycling is taken to Waste Management recycling facility in the City's compactor truck. If our recycling is contaminated, the City may be fined a surcharge for the entire recycling load, something we wish to avoid.